Sometimes the simplest of recipes are the best crowd pleasers and this frittata was a home run in our house! Rowan, Jaden, and Coby all voted this “The Best Frittata Ever” so therefore, I must share it with all of you. It’s way too easy by the way, so no need to even fully wake up before you read and make this meal.
Easy and Delicious Sausage Frittata
1 pound mild Italian sausage (we used our fresh pork in the freezer from our recent half a hog purchase that I mention in my Basil Pork Burger post but also check out US Wellness Meats for quality sausage options!)
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
4 green onions, diced
3 tablespoons coconut oil
Pepper to taste
1. In a large oven proof skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
2. Crumble in the sausage (remove from casing if necessary) and brown.
3. Add the shredded sweet potato and cook until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the diced green onion and saute together with the sausage and sweet potatoes for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Evenly spread the sausage mixture over the bottom of the pan. Whisk together the eggs, and pour evenly over the meat, sweet potato, and green onion mixture. Sprinkle all over with black pepper.
6. Cook for about 3 minutes or until bubbly and you can see that the edges of the frittata are almost done.
7. Transfer to the oven and cook under the broiler on low until the frittata is cooked all the way through.
As always, enjoy!