At Costco yesterday John found some wild caught sea scallops at a pretty darn good price and I found some decent prosciutto; and a delicious partnership was born. Here’s how we prepared the scallops with a twist on the basic pork wrapped gems from the sea.
Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops
Prosciutto (look for a brand that only has pork & salt like Citterio)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Cut the prosciutto in half lengthwise so you have enough strips of prosciutto for each scallop.
3. Take each scallop and sprinkle lightly with the Italian seasoning and wrap a piece of prosciutto around the outside of the scallop like this:
4. Place each seasoned and wrapped scallop on the foil lined baking sheet, making sure to leave space in between the scallops so that they cook evenly.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning the scallops over when there is 5 minutes left in the cooking time.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve.