On Friday I asked folks on my Facebook page if they wanted a meaty meal or a summertime side dish sneak peak recipe from my new book coming out on September 4th, the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook – and MEATY WON!!
I’m so excited for this cookbook. I dumped my heart and soul into the Family Cookbook and I can’t wait to share it with all of you. The Family Cookbook is a very different book from my first book, Everyday Paleo, but it makes a perfect companion. The recipes are great for anyone, with our without kids, and the content encompasses several useful tools for life in general (budget guide, prep ideas, time saving strategies, meal plans, school lunch ideas, super fast weeknight meals with minimal ingredients, and much much much more!) and finally, I dedicated a portion of the book filled with ideas of how to bring your family closer together and how to simplify this crazy life we all are living.
For me, living a paleo lifestyle is a lot more than simply what’s for dinner and connecting with the ones I love has been the biggest gift that our family has received as we move forward on our journey. My hope is that this book gives you and your family some invaluable tools that will not only make life a bit easier but also strengthen your bond and bring your joy.
With that being said, here’s that sneak peak recipe I promised – Best Ever Chicken Wings. These wings are a perfect summertime treat and my kids literally line up for these bad boys. If you bring the Best Ever Chicken Wings to a potluck or party, you will make more new friends than you can handle; I promise. I hope you enjoy!!
Best Ever Chicken Wings
2.5 lbs chicken wings
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
3 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoon sesame oil
½ cup apple juice
Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions
Prep time: 20 minutes + 30 minutes at least for marinating
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl of marinade and mix well until all the wings are coated. Let the wings marinate for at least 30 minutes but 1-2 hours is best.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place one wing at a time on the baking sheet, making sure to shake off any excess marinade and do not crowd the wings onto the sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes turning over half way through cooking time. Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds and sliced green onions.