Yay! I’m so excited! I’m back to doing cooking demos (which I LOVE to do) and my very first one is ready for you to enjoy. In this demo I make for you Beef Bone Broth. This is probably my favorite thing to make and to have on hand. When you make it right it’s delicious, it’s nutritious, and when you add the broth to other recipes people will think you are a master chef!
Here’s my recipe below and please watch my video to see how the process works. I would be so happy if you please shared this post to help me get the word out that I’m back in action!!
There will of course be more videos to come of how to prepare easy, delicious, real food meals that anyone can accomplish and that the whole family will love!
As always, enjoy!
Beef Bone Broth
- 2-4 beef marrow bones knuckle bones, beef shanks or any combination thereof
- 1 yellow onion cut in half and than quartered
- 4 carrots cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 6 celery stalks leave on any leaves, cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves smashed with the flat side of your knife and peeled
- 3-6 thin slices of fresh ginger no need to peel the ginger
- 2 bay leaves fresh or dry
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
Preheat your oven to 400.
Line a baking sheet with foil and place your beef shanks and bones on the foil, sprinkle with salt, and roast at 400 until browned and the marrow is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Place the shanks and bones in the bottom of your slow cooker, pour in the apple cider vinegar and add the peppercorns and bay leaves.
Add the remaining ingredients and cover with cold water.
Close the lid and cook on low for 24 hours.
Pour the liquid through a metal strainer and store in glass jars for 3-4 days but you can freeze it for up to a year!