Peaches are at the peak of their season right now in Chico, CA and a week ago we came home with a big bag of very ripe peaches and nectarines from our farmer’s market. John was grilling up some chicken and decided to throw on the peaches and nectarines for a simple, and by all means; out of this world delicious dessert.
Here is what he did:
1) Slice peaches or nectarines in half and remove the pit.
2) Sprinkle each cut side with either cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
3) Grill over medium heat with cut side down for approximately 3-5 minutes.
4) Serve with a scoop of whipped coconut cream on top. (Scoop the cream out of the top of a can of chilled coconut milk – add about a teaspoon of vanilla extract and whip together with a hand held mixer)
5) Add a sprinkle of sliced almonds if desired.