I’m not sure what happened to November, but here we are in December and for many of you (like me) I’m just now really thinking about the fact that it’s that time of year in which we are supposed to be prepared, shopped, wrapped, and ready.
That’s a lot of work folks and to be honest, I’m not a big fan of spending a gazillion dollars simply because we are “supposed to” – so in our house the way we celebrate might be a bit different than most.
A few years ago we decided to invest in memories and less on an overload of gifts and although my kiddos do receive presents, it’s never an absurd abundance of useless crap, and as for the adults, we all pitch in to make a delicious dinner, drink amazing wine and play games, make music, and simply spend quality time together. Life is too short to feel a ton of “present giving pressure” this time of year – but rather I believe we should feel joy, love, caring, and gratitude. The last thing I want is for my family members to stress about what kind of sweater to buy for me when I would much rather have my family be happy and joyful with a belly full of amazing food and memories to last a lifetime.
With that being said – I GET IT – there are gifts that will be bought and I LOVE giving gifts to our employees and friends that make our lives unbelievably better – however, I like to give unique gifts and ones that are health inspired, special and useful.
So – in the spirit of giving, health, and gratitude, I’ve gathered together a few gift giving ideas that might help YOU find that perfect special something for that somebody in your life that you’ll be giving to this season. Enjoy!
*affiliate links are used in this post
- Sleep Freakin’ Cocktail (it’s really just called Sleep Cocktail, but I love this stuff so much that I had to add in my own little phrase of pure joy that I feel about this product.) As many of you know, I’ve partnered up with the amazing Doc Parsley because this supplement is literally life changing. I’m not kidding – it’s just awesome, and it works. If you know how important sleep is (and if you’ve been following our work for any length of time) than you’ll know what I’m talking about. If you have already tried Sleep Cocktail and love it, or if you are a first time user – we have a special holiday discount for you. Simply use the code “sarah fragoso” at checkout and receive 10% off your order through December 31st! Even better, sign up for a monthly subscription (best deal you can get) and enter the same code for an even BETTER deal on this amazing supplement. The gift of sleep this season just got REAL!
- Meat. That’s right people. Meat. Red meat. All the meat. Good meat. Grass fed meat. Meat from the source that I trust the most in this entire universe and that would be meat from Massa Natural Meats! They will ship right to your doorstep and how bad ass would it be if you sent a big ol’ box of meat to the people that you love – or better yet, to the people that will be cooking you your holiday dinner! With the gift of meat you’ll know that whatever you are eating will be legit and the folks that might be cooking for you will be beyond excited to have the most important part of the big feast given to them by YOU!
- Admission to The JASSA Retreat I can’t imagine a better holiday gift for yourself and/or a loved one than admission to the next JASSA Retreat taking place right here in beautiful Chico, CA March 2nd-6th. The value of this retreat is incredible – the line up of speakers and coaches is out of this world, and the experience is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity. For those who sign up from today through the end of December will receive special gifts sent directly to you (signed books, an entire box of the above mentioned Sleep Cocktail, and more!!) so follow the link and give the gift of health.
- EPIC Bar Choose some EPIC stocking stuffers this season and while you are at it, you MUST try the new Beef Liver and Beef Bites. I can’t stand liver, really truly, I hate the stuff, but EPIC has found a way to make liver palatable, even for ME which means a lot, trust me – and of course all of their other products are legit!
- Paleo Treats If you’ve followed me for any length of time you’ll know my thoughts on treats and also that I’m not really a treat maker – but more of a savory foodie – but if I’m going to have a treat, it’s usually from these awesome folks. I can order in some treats for the Holidays and when they are gone, they are gone. They make great gifts, taste delicious, and the customer service is incredible!
- Barefoot Provisions The Barefoot Provisions Paleolicious Holiday Kit is now available and it’s AWESOME SAUCE!!! The kit is a no-holds barred selection of indulgent, yet primally friendly treats, perfect for gifting, or just treating yourself. It includes some fan favorites like Eating Evolved Coconut Butter Cups, Rawmio’s Dark Chocolate Dairy Free Truffle Cake, some new favorites, like Endorfin Foods Dark Mylk Chocolate Bar (made milky with coconut milk) and a few seasonal, limited release items like Nikki’s Pumpkin Spiced Donut Butter and RXBar’s Pumpkin Spice Protein Bar. You can even include a gift note and send the kit directly to the recipient of choice, which is a nice option around the holidays. The good folks at Barefoot Provisions know the holidays can be tough on those trying to keep their diet clean, so this kit allows for some healthier indulging
- JASSAFit Membership – Give yourself or someone you love the gift of fitness and through December 31st use code JASSA16 and try out the program for only $5 for your first month!
- Books – I personally think books make one of the best gifts ever and here’s a short list of ones I recommend you give this season:
Finally, for more unique gift ideas, check out my Holiday Gift Giving Guide from a couple of years ago in which I also recommend a few charities that I love to give to this time of year because in all honesty, that’s really what this time of year should be all about.
Alright folks, that wraps it up for the gift giving ideas – short but sweet – but I don’t think anyone who receives one of these gifts from you will feel the slightest bit disappointed with your graciousness this Holiday Season.
As always, thank YOU for making my life better and for following me on my journey and I’m wishing you and yours the happiest Holidays ever.