This recipe is from my Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook – and one of my current favorites to make for my family at the beginning of our busy week so that we have an easy grab and go breakfast!
I hope you enjoy the video and here’s the step by step recipe! Let me know what you think!!
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 1 large bunch spinach - about 6 ounces
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk or heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Brown the diced bacon in a large skillet.
- Meanwhile, rinse the spinach in a strainer and let it drip dry while you finish cooking the bacon.
- Spread the cooked bacon evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Take the spinach and squeeze out any excess water left in it (you can avoid this step by using pre-washed bagged baby spinach) and spread the spinach evenly on top of the bacon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the last 7 ingredients to the eggs and stir together.
- Pour the entire mixture over the spinach and bacon. To make sure all the spinach is completely covered by the egg mixture, use your hands and press on the top of the spinach until the egg mixture sits on top of the spinach layer evenly.
- Cover the quiche tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through in the center. You'll know the quiche is done when you jiggle the pan and the center is not runny.