Here’s another cooking demo that happens to be one of my families favorite go-to meals. I love cooking in bulk and this is the perfect meal for such an occasion. Enjoy!
Recipe below ↓
- 2-3 lbs of stew meat or chuck roast cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- (If you want to use fresh onion and garlic use 2-3 garlic cloves minced and 1 whole yellow onion chopped.)
- 1 cup salsa verde (If you want to make your own, recipe can be found in Everyday Paleo, otherwise you can use a jarred variety or fresh green salsa that can be found in most grocery stores in the refrigerated section.)
- Sliced purple cabbage
- Diced jicama
- Chopped green onions
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced mango
- Diced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Fresh lime
- More salsa or hot sauce to taste
- Sour cream and cheese if you eat dairy
- Place the beef in your slow cooker, sprinkle on all the dry spices and stir to coat. Add the salsa verde and mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Use a spoon to shred the meat once it’s cooked and serve in bowls topped with the toppings of your choice as suggested in the recipe.
(Salsa Verde recipe can be found in Everyday Paleo)