I realize this does not sound like the sexiest recipe out there but it’s gosh darn tasty and cute and fun and you should make them and see for yourself!
To tell you the truth, it’s kind of ironic that I’m posting this recipe now as I personally take an egg vacation. I have been eating eggs every single day for years and years and realized recently that maybe the odd headaches or little bit of strange digestive issues might have to do with my long and drawn out love affair with the awesome, amazing, easy, and delicious egg. Bummed, yes, and my backyard chickens won’t even look at me anymore, but I’m hoping I won’t have to say goodbye to eggs forever so in the meantime, I’ll just torture myself by imagining all of you eating these delicious bundles of joy while I sadly refrain from eating these delicious bundles of joy.
So please, let me know what you think! Are you a fan of spaghetti squash and eggs together? When I make these they disappear faster than I can get them out of the oven and than I hear people walking around the house munching in between yelps of OUCH, HOT, YUM!
Yes people, it’s an exciting life I live!
- 5 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and finely chopped
- 4 whole green onions, chopped
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional, kind of – if you omit, use one less egg)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Quick tip to cook a spaghetti squash fast. Poke the squash all over with a knife, place in microwave and cook for 8-12 minutes or until soft. Cut in half (carefully it’s hot), scoop out seeds and shred the squash out of the skin with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Once the squash strands have cooled, mix together all the ingredients with the squash except the eggs.
- Now add the eggs and mix well,
- Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture and fill muffin tins, stir the mixture now and than as you go to keep the eggs mixed with the squash.
- Fills approximately 12 tins.
- Place in your preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the muffins are done all the way through (use a knife or toothpick to test doneness).
- Top with some crème fraiche and chopped chives if desired.