I received a bunch of heirloom tomatoes in my CSA box this week and while gazing at them on the counter along with a few fresh cucumbers, beautiful purple bell peppers, and big red onions, I became inspired to make a gazpacho! YUM was the end result and so refreshing on a hot day. We topped the gazpacho with some paleo avocado cream for a deliciously rich addition to the bowl of goodness. Here it is!
Everyday Paleo Gazpacho with Avocado Cream
- 4 large tomatoes diced or aprox 4 cups
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- 1 cup sweet bell pepper diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro - reserve some for garnish
- Small piece of a jalapeno or more if you like it spicy
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- Juice from ½ a lime
In a blender or food processor, add all the gazpacho ingredients and blend until totally smooth. Remove the gazpacho from the blender and place in the fridge to chill. Now, blend the avocado cream ingredients together until totally smooth.
Serve the gazpacho in bowls topped with a spoonful of the avocado cream and garnished with diced cilantro.