It’s been raining like crazy and cold here in Chico, so what’s better to warm up the body and soul than some stew. This recipe is almost too easy – total comfort food AND it’s super diverse. Here is the basic recipe but I say add whatever you want and I bet it will be even better! Oh, and I’m mildly obsessed with mashed cauliflower and experimenting with different ways to spice it up. Below you’ll also find an easy version of my favorite mash.
Garlic Beef Stew
- 1.5 - 2 lbs of grass fed stew meat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4-6 carrots diced
- 4-6 stalks of celery diced
- 6-12 mashed cloves of garlic I used the jarred crushed garlic from TJ's
- palm full of ground marjoram
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small can tomato paste
- splash of chicken broth
Throw it all in your crock pot, mix well, cook all day on low. It's a lot of garlic but it mellows from the long cooking time and your house will smell amazing!
Savory Cauliflower Mash
- 1 giant head of organic cauliflower steamed until soft
- big hunk of Kerrygold Irish butter
- palm full of turmeric powder
- sea salt and white pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients in a food processor. I like to leave mine a little lumpy for texture.