Homemade Coconut Milk and Almond Milk Cooking Demo
I’m back in action! The past couple of months have been a bit nutty and I can’t wait to tell you why but I’ll have to hold off on that but I do have for you another cooking demo! While we are talking about life being nutty, in this demo I show you how to make your very own homemade almond milk and coconut milk – it’s so much better tasting and better for you when it’s homemade and you can use your own coconut milk in many of the recipes in my latest book, Everyday Paleo Thai Cuisine!
3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
4-5 cups of hot water (not boiling)
- Pour the coconut flakes into a blender. Add the hot water and blend on high until the mixture is a smoothie like consistency.
- Pour small amounts at a time into a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze the milk into a glass container.
- Use in curries, soups, stews, or any recipe that calls for coconut milk!
1 cup raw organic almonds, covered in cold water and soaked overnight
1-3 medjool dates, pitted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
3-4 cups cold water
- Drain the almonds that you soaked and rinse well with cold water.
- Add the almonds, dates, and vanilla to a blender and add the cold water.
- Blend on high until the mixture is a smoothie like consistency.
- Pour the mixture, a small amount at a time into a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze the milk through the bag.
*tip – save the coconut and almond after blending – tips for how to use are in the video!
If you are in need of a nut milk bag – I highly recommend this bag from Rawsome Creations. When you buy this product you will be supporting two awesome charities and the story behind this is truly amazing – so go check it out!