My boys love Sweet Potato Hash for breakfast but frankly, I’m kind of tired of it, so last weekend I decided to make my pile of freshly grated potatoes into sweet potato pancakes, or latkes if you will. We topped the savory sweet cakes with bacon and fried eggs. Yum.
If you are looking for a way to fill up your kids in the morning, there’s nothing like a sweet potato based breakfast fried in coconut oil to delight their taste buds.
- 5 cups grated sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat and melt a spoonful of coconut oil.
- Take small handfulls of the potato mixture and drop onto the hot griddle or skillet and press down gently into little "cakes".
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy and the potatoes are done all the way through.
- Top with fried eggs and bacon if you so desire.
- Makes 12 latkes.